Being able to identify your emotions, your Predominant Emotional State, and your Emotion Goal is the first step towards feeling better.
Only after you get clear about how you’re feeling now, why you feel the way you do, and how you would like to feel, can you make a concrete plan to move towards feeling better.
Your movement on the Emotion Elevator can be used an indicator of progress in the program.
WHAT THIS COULD HELP YOU WITH:
• Identifying your emotions.
• Realizing it’s normal to experience many emotions during a typical day.
• Identifying your Predominant Emotional State over a certain period of time.
• Realizing you always have a choice about what you focus on — and, therefore, you have a choice about how you feel at any given time.
• Deciding if you’re truly ready to feel better and choosing your Emotion Goal.
• Identifying beliefs about emotions and what’s standing in the way of feeling better.
• Realizing you can typically move up the Emotion Elevator only one step at a time.
• Appreciating uncomfortable or “negative” emotions for what they have to tell you about what you are needing at the time.
QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT THINK ABOUT:
• What emotions have I been feeling lately?
• What is my Predominant Emotional State?
• What is my Emotion Goal, and what is keeping me from feeling better?