Support is imperative when you are grieving — this isn't a time for independence, but rather a time to allow yourself to lean on others.
Support is something you need to accept from others. Support is the foundation you will need for when you choose to venture out into the world again.
As a first step, it is helpful to understand the changes — and to think more clearly about what you need from yourself and others. Here, you can review who gives you support and who doesn’t, what support means to you, and how you might ask for what you need. In asking for help and then accepting it, you learn more about yourself and what might provide ease during this difficult time.
Download the Worksheet above to use as a guide to help you complete this tool.
WHAT THIS COULD HELP YOU WITH:
• Observing how life has changed since your loss.
• Being able to define what support might look like for you.
• Allowing yourself to be open to asking for, and receiving, support from others.
QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT THINK ABOUT:
• How is my life different now?
• Who is supporting me the most right now?
• Who is not supporting me?
• How can I best support myself?