It is important to make sure to incorporate some time to care for yourself in order to honor your loved one and keep the memory alive.
Having balance in your life means not losing yourself in your grief, or covering it with work, tasks, or excesses in even 'healthy' things, such as exercise.
Let's have a look at how you are spending your time and directing your thoughts. Life is already completely off balance for you because of your loss, so creating any balance, or asking others to support you in creating some, is essentially up to you. With this tool, we want to create some structure in order to make creating some balance more tangible and do-able when the time is right.
The only person who can ensure that that happens — is YOU. Balancing your self-care is a way to do that. By gaining balance, you also pave the way for your innate inner strengths to shine through. (It would be helpful to check out our tool on Inner Strengths.)
WHAT THIS COULD HELP YOU WITH:
• Observing how life has changed since your loss.
• Being able to define what support might look like for you.
• Allowing yourself to be open to asking for, and receiving, support from others.
QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT THINK ABOUT:
• Am I allowing any 'me time' in my day?
• Where do I need more balance in my life?
• What might I be able to let go of that feels out of balance?